As educators, sometimes we come across iPad applications that make us so excited, we can’t wait for the opportunity to introduce them in our classroom. Learn, share and research a variety of different Science topics with these user-friendly iPad apps that explore how the world works.
We hope these help enhance your instruction, stir up inquiry and encourage your students to be Science-minded. Enjoy!
• Dinosaurs World – This app is loaded with information on over 40 different dinosaurs and provides students with a vocal memory match game.
• Animals Forest Adventure – Filled with beautiful illustrations and animations, this game teaches students about forest and wildlife animals.
• How Stuff Works for iPad – This award-winning app features over 40,000 articles and 12,000 videos from the HowStuffWorks and Discovery archive.
• NASA App HD – Explore thousands of images and videos of planets, moons, comets, meteorites and more.
• GoSkyWatch Planetarium – Students can easily and quickly identify and locate stars, planets, constellations and more with a touch or by simply pointing to the sky.
• Science 360 – A National Science Foundation app, this resource integrates high definition photos, video clips and articles into a 360 degree grid. Pinch to zoom in on more detail and spread your fingers to see more options.
• 3D Cell Stain – Learn about the cell and its structures through this app’s 3D model. You can also explore cellular imaging.
• Xperica HD – Explore four free experiments that deepen understanding of the Law of Moments, specific heat of water, resistance in series and spring and bob oscillations.