Summer is the perfect time to recuperate after a demanding school year. During the down-time, teachers can begin to consider what new practices they want to tackle next year. Follow the links below for fresh new ideas and teaching materials that are sure to get you excited for the year to come!
- TED: Ten Talks from Inspiring Teachers – Watch powerful, motivating presentations by some of the most innovative teachers in the country.
- Summer Professional Development Blog Series: Edutopia has developed a comprehensive series where you can learn about new practices such as project-based learning, classroom management techniques, and how to use new media tools in the classroom.
- Teaching Channel is a video showcase of innovative and effective teaching practices in real-life classrooms. Find inspiration for lesson ideas, classroom management techniques, and teaching practices from some of the most exceptional teachers in the country.
- The New York Times: Next year, why not get your students engaged in reading the news? The Learning Network has many lessons across the curriculum based on the Times content.
- Have you ever considered connecting your students to other students from classrooms around the world? Try ePals! The ePals Global Community has a new Common Core Implementation Center where teachers can find and share ready-to-use, practical CCSS ELA collaborative projects and resources.